HOW TO FILE ITR 4
First and foremost, we need to talk about the “entities” who need ITR 4 for income tax return filing. Individuals, Hindu Undivided Family and Small Business taxpayers who have a presumptive:
- Business income,
- Salary or pension,
- One house property,
- Income from other sources
need to file ITR 4. ITR 4 is an Income Tax Return filing form.
Secondly, it is important to know who all are not eligible for filing ITR 4. Check out the following list:
- A person who has won from lotteries or races cannot use this form.
- A person who has capital gains or losses to be carried forward. (This is for individuals and Hindu Undivided Families who’ve opted for the presumptive taxation scheme of Section 44AD / 44AE.)
- The turnover of the business should not exceed Rs. 2 crores.
Following steps to be followed to fill the complete ITR :-
1. Download the ITR forms from the Income tax website:
2. Select the appropriate assessment year and download the ITR.
After download has finished you should open the ZIP folder and copy the excel file and paste the same on your device’s hard disk.
3. Open your ITR (excel file copied to your device’s hard disk in the above step).
4. Security Warning: Enable this content – OK
Enable the content by selecting the option button > Click OK. Voilla! All you need to do is file your ITR.
5. Starting from the very first page i.e. Income Details, Fill the basic details and income details.
6. Fill the nature of business details of the taxpayer
7. Fill the TDS Deduction details:-
8. Next Page: Taxes Paid & Verification – Fill number of operative accounts then the details of Bank.
9. Back to the very first page i.e. Income Details and Validate the return by clicking on VALIDATE option and then, calculate your TAX by clicking on Calculate tax option.
10. If you have any tax payable amount, then you can pay your tax liability by filling Challan 280 and then submit the same in bank to get the submission tax details.
11. Fill the challan details :-
12. Again back to the first page i.e. Income Details and again Validate the return by clicking on VALIDATE option and then click on Generate XML.
13. Save XML then close the file. (* The XML file will be saved on your Desktop)
HOW TO UPLOAD RETURN
Step 1: Open the website and click on ‘Login Here’
Step 2: Login to your Income Tax account.
Step 3: Go to E-File option
Step 4: Select ‘Upload Return’ option from the drop down, then fill the details as required and attach the XML file generated from the Desktop & click on SUBMIT button.